M Life respects your privacy and your desire to understand how your information will be handled and used. This Policy explains how we collect, use and store your information. M Life will ensure that all information protection and customer legislation standards are met when handling any of your personal information you may provide through this website when you purchase a product or otherwise interact with us.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this Privacy Notice together with any other Privacy Notice or Fair Processing Notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are truly aware of how and why we are using your data. This Privacy Notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
WHO WE ARE
M Life London is a company registered in England and Wales (company number 03766223) with a registered office at 280 Cooden Drive, Bexhill-on-Sea TN39 3AB.
When you use our services, you’ll share some information with us. We want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, who we share it with and the choices we give you to control, access and update your information. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller of your personal data.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED BY US
If you have registered with us, or ordered items from us, we will have your email address, telephone number, postal address and the method you chose to make your purchase with. We also collect information about how you use our services, such as the types of content you view or engage with or the frequency and duration of your activities.
In addition, our servers, logs, and other technologies automatically collect certain information (see below) to help us administer, protect, and improve our services; analyse usage; and improve users’ experience. We share personal information with others only as described in this policy, or when we believe that the law permits or requires it.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- When you visit our website, and use your account to buy products and services, or redeem vouchers from www.mlifelondon.com.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data).
- When you create an account with us.
- When you purchase a product by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you join The M Life loyalty programme..
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- When you fill in any forms. For example, if you contact us online with a query.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US
Device information: We may also collect information about your device each time you use a site. If you have an account with us, we may collect information from or about the computers, phones or other devices where you log into our services. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent services across your devices. Here are some examples of the device information that we collect:
- Attributes such as the operating system and hardware version.
- Browser type and IP address
Log information: We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
- Details about how you’ve engaged with us.
- Device information, such as web browser type and language.
- Access times.
- Pages viewed.
- IP address.
- Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- Pages you visit before or after navigating to our website.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your information in several different ways. The table below set this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
|CATEGORY OF PERSONAL DATE||PURPOSE FOR PROCESSING||LEGAL BASIS UNDER GDPR|
|Name and Contact Details||Deliver your purchase to you.||Performance of a contract|
|Send you service messages by email or text, such as order updates, products, or services.||Performance of a contract|
|Send you information by post about new products or services.||Consent|
|Fraud prevention and detection.||Legal obligation|
|Showing you M Life adverts as you browse the web.||Consent|
|Date of Birth information||Fraud prevention and detection||Legal obligation|
|Payment information (we do not store this information)||Take payments and give refunds||Performance of a contract|
|Fraud prevention and detection||Legal obligation|
|Contact history with M Life e.g. email, social media or over the phone||Provide customer service and support||Performance of a contract|
|Train our staff||Legitimate interests|
|Information about your laptop or phone and how you use our website/app||Improve our website and set default options such as language and currency||Legitimate interests|
|Fraud prevention and detection||Legal obligation|
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Companies that get your order to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites
- We may, from time to time, send inserts with your order, advertising the goods or services of unrelated third-party companies. We do not pass on your personal data to these third-party companies.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT
We will hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION OUT OF THE EEA
We may transfer your personal information to the United States of America. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is attached to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific countries approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use service providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
JOB APPLICANTS, CURRENT AND FORMER M LIFE EMPLOYEES
All the information you provide will only be used for progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary.
We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes or store any of your information outside of the EEA. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is in electronic or physical format.
We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
How long your personal information will be kept
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary. Therefore, if you unsuccessfully apply for a role with us, we will delete or anonymise your personal information once we have communicated this to you. There may be circumstances in which we will retain your data for a future opportunity and if this is the case, we will seek your express consent beforehand.
The information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment. You don’t have to provide what we ask for but it might affect your application if you don’t.
You will be asked to provide equal opportunities information. This is not mandatory information – if you do not provide it, it will not affect your application. Any information you do provide, will be used only to produce and monitor equal opportunities statistics.
If we make you a conditional offer of employment we will ask you for information so that we can carry out pre-employment checks. You must successfully complete pre-employment checks to progress to a final offer. We are required to confirm the identity of our employees, their right to work in the United Kingdom and seek assurances as to their trustworthiness, integrity and reliability.
CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several important rights available to you for free. In summary, those include rights to:
- Access the personal information we hold about you
- Request that we transfer elements of your data to another service provider
- Request us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Request the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured format
- Stop any direct marketing
- Object to processing of your personal data
For further information on each of these rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please:
- email, call or write to us at Privacy M Life, 275 New Kings Road, London SW6 4RD or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- let us have enough information to identify you;
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- let us know the information to which your request relates
We will respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made many requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. If you are not happy with how M Life manages your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice was published on 18/05/2018 and last updated on 18/05/2018.
Any changes we make to this notice will be posted on this page.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.