An easy, healthy hit for mid-week eating
Need mid-week recipe inspiration? Look no further than this week’s simple, grain-based bake.
Serves one as a main or two as a side dish.
- 500g packet of microwaveable mixed grains (or any combination of quinoa, pearl barley, lentils, chickpeas, red rice etc.)
- 150g soft goat’s cheese
- Three sliced beetroots (or a pre-cooked wet vegetable such as courgette, aubergine etc. if beetroot not preferred)
- 500g bag of spinach
- 200ml vegetable stock
- Small handful of pumpkin seeds
- Pinch of mixed herbs such as pepper, oregano, sage, thyme etc.
- Heat the mixed grains in the microwave according to the cooking instructions
- Once cooked, place the mixed grains a pan with the spinach and the stock, heating on a low setting until half of the liquid has been absorbed and the spinach has wilted
- Add the grains and spinach in stock to a shallow, small oven-proof dish
- Chop up the beetroot into cubes and add to the dish along with the goat’s cheese and herbs
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds
Cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven for 10 mins at 180 degrees centigrade
We hope this simple yet tasty recipe brings you joy this week. Don't forget we are in a 50% OFF FLASH SALE at the moment. Grab some of our newest clothing for half price while you still can. Just enter discount code "FLASH50" at checkout.
M Life x