Active holiday ideas
Sometimes having a holiday means revisiting what we think a holiday is. Relaxing by the pool, or strolling around a foreign city, even in normal times, doesn’t necessarily provide us with the chance to revive and reset that we really need.
Here at M Life, we’re a huge fan of shaking up our sojourn. Below we’ve gathered together our suggestions and ideas for enjoying the coming months a little differently, taking a more active pause and achieving an alternative respite from day-to-day life.
- Bookretreats is a platform which allows users to browse and book different yoga and pilates retreats that typically range between two and ten days, and are designed for those who want to chill out while still working out. Retreats vary in focus, purpose and location, but offer something for everyone. We love the look of the Glasshouse Detox or the four day, Peak District hiking and yoga retreat, both taking place in July
- Hilmotts Retreat
- With centres in both the Peak District and the Cotswolds, Hillmotts Retreats are an amazing option for those who want to shape up on holiday. They offer a range of packages which include tailored food and nutrition options, and are run throughout the year
- Soul Circus
- Soul Circus is a wonderful wellness festival which has everything from arts, to yoga, to comedy. It’s a truly holistic event which allows us to centre ourselves during the day, and let our hair down at night
- Now travel to the Balearics is back on the cards, we love the look of the Ashtanga retreat with Laruga, which takes place at the incredible Balearic Retreats. One to book before places get snapped up
- Coastal Fitness
- The incredible Watergate Bay Hotel’s Coastal Fitness retreat is a fitness holiday set in the most stunning location. It’s possible to do a week, a few days or just individual days, at varying levels of difficulty, and reap the incredible benefits of working out on the beach surrounded by the sea air
- Matt Roberts X Limewood
- For the ‘ultimate fitness getaway’, Matt Robert’s retreats are a complete, comprehensive fitness break for those who want to perfect their physique and achieve their wellbeing goals. Held in the gorgeous Limewood, this retreat sounds suitably exhilarating but adequately luxurious