Lime and Coconut Raw Slices Recipe – The Eight Hours
As much as we all want to spend hours in the kitchen recreating dishes we’ve seen on Instagram, in reality we just don’t have the time, life’s hectic and times flying alarming fast. So recipes need to be quick and easy to throw together so we can spend all our precious spare time probably eating or at yoga.
So here’s a recipe that is going to be ideal for you, it doesn’t get more straightforward than this one and seriously these taste amazing. The sharp tang of the lime with the creaminess of the coconut and cashews, mixed with the sweet realisation that these are really good for you and make a great post work-out snack and nothing tastes better.
Plus these will literally take you a whole 5 minutes to make so it’d be rude not to knock a few up.
What you’ll need:
– 3 cups of cashews
– 3 limes
– 1 cup of Grated coconut
– 1 cup of Coconut chips
– 2 tablespoons Coconut butter
– 1 tablespoon of Protein powder (optional)
What you’ll need to do:
– Put everything except your limes and half your coconut chips in a food processor
– Halve your limes and squeeze in the juice
– Pulse your food mixer until your ingredients are roughly blended and sticking together
– Flatten out into a shallow dish like you would a brownie mix and freeze for 10 minutes
– Then sprinkle on the rest of the coconut chips and grate some zest off your limes for a topping and slice up
Things have been a bit hectic recently so I’m addicted to recipes that are effortless but still taste great and these are possibly one of my favourites so far. Pack some to enjoy after your next workout or take to work as your mid-morning snack, you can even roll these into little energy balls if you’re more a ball guy than a slicer. Either way, they’re nutritious and perfect for after exercising to give you a good dose of protein. You could even say with the coconut-lime flavour it’s pretty much like eating a healthy cocktail?
To see more of The Eight Hours amazing photography, plenty more recipes or to read about their travels, check out their blog here.