Blue Cheese Brussel Sprouts Recipe – The Eight Hours
Lets be honest, there’s a huge stigma around brussel sprouts. I think you grow up ingrained to hate them, a bit like Mondays. Realistically if you actually think about it, you’re probably not that fussed but you never ever admit that to anyone, ever, well until now at least.
I am having a bit of a sprout moment, call it a minor infatuation. I’ve been trying to find different, tasty ways to cook with them and this has to be my favourite recipe so far. Sometimes you just need to keep it simple and let a few key flavours do the talking. This is such a quick and easy dish. For me it’s the perfect light dinner but you could also use it as a side dish in a bigger meal.
What you’ll need:
– A dozen Brussel Sprouts
– 85g Blue cheese
– 150ml sour cream
– dash of milk
– handful of walnuts
What you’ll need to do:
– Preheat the oven to 180c
– Trim and halve the sprouts and place on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper then roast in the oven for 30minutes
– Whilst these are cooking you can make the Blue Cheese dressing, add the blue cheese, sour cream to a pan and cook on a low heat until everything melts and mixes together.
– Add in the milk and keep stirring until it has a sauce like consistency, add more if it’s too thick.
– Scatter the walnuts on the tray so they roast for the rest of the cooking time
– Once roasted place the sprouts and walnuts in a dish and drizzle the sauce all over, then voila. Eat.
What do you think? Have we converted you to sprouts yet? Isn’t this so simple and yummy, such a tasty little dish. Enjoy.
Check out more of The Eight Hours amazing photography and recipes, as well as stories from their travels over on their blog.